More on Viruses, PDF files, the Future?
With the latest SirCam and Code Red viruses, there’s lots of interest and articles all over the Web about dealing with viruses, virus protection programs, educating users, Windows XP’s vulnerability, and lots more. Here’s an overview of some of the latest.
- Third version of Code Red detected, Reuters, August 10, 2001 5:03 AM PT
- New virus spreads using Acrobat files, InfoWorld, By Héctor Calabia, August 8, 2001 7:56 am PT
- Computer Viruses and "False Authority Syndrome", Vmyths.com (Truth About Computer Virus Myths and Hoaxes)
- Norton Anti-Virus, MIMEsweeper, McAfee ActiveShield Not 100% Effective with Catching the SirCam Virus, Brainstorms & Raves, July 28, 2001
- Latest Round of Computer Viruses - W32.Sircam.Worm@mm, Brainstorms & Raves, July 25, 2001
- Code Red’s Aftermath: How Serious Are We About Security?, SecurityFocus.com, By Richard Forno, August 7, 2001 11:00 PM PT
- The Death of TCP/IP, Why the Age of Internet Innocence is Over, PBS Presents I, Cringely. By Robert X. Cringely, August 2, 2001