New HTML + CSS Layout Editor
Good news! WestCiv is announcing the official release of their Layout Master 1.1 HTML and CSS layout editor. Available for both Macs and PCs, you can create and edit CSS layouts (including positioning!) with their intuitive interface. Download the free trial version and give it a try.
Here’s their press release with more information:
WestCiv releases Layout Master 1.1 HTML + CSS web page layout editor.
Bondi Beach, Australia, 5th April 2002. WestCiv software announces the release and immediate availability of Layout Master 1.1 for the Macintosh and Windows 95/98/ME NT/2000/XP.
With CSS2, the web finally got page layout. With Layout Master, the web gets it right.
While hand-coding both HTML and CSS is relatively simple, when it comes to finely tuned page layouts with numerous positioned elements it can be infuriatingly complex. Getting a page exactly right can take real time and effort.
Enter Layout Master, a specialized tool for working quickly and intuitively with HTML elements and the CSS positioning properties. Using simple drag and drop and powerful properties editors, Layout Master is a complete and affordable solution for developing web page layouts.
Latest browsers, with excellent support for CSS page layout, are well established as mainstream browsers of choice. Now it’s time to abandon the hacks of the past and move forward with dedicated, standards based web page layout technology. Layout Master brings this another step closer.
With Layout Master developers can
- design flexible layouts using any units, including ems, percentages and pixels
- edit layouts with sophisticated editors, or drag and drop ease
- create extremely precise layouts by nudging elements using the arrow keys
- align and distribute elements using the kind of alignment editor you would expect in a page layout application
- add background colors, images and borders to any element
- easily add HTML, text or image elements to a layout by dragging and dropping
- edit the appearance properties of a page, including its background color and image.
- configure their own rulers, guides and grid
Layout Master, producing standards based HTML or XHTML and CSS, integrates well with and complements your current HTML, WYSIWYG, text and CSS tools.
For more information see WestCiv’s Layout Master site where a fully featured 30 day demo can be downloaded, and the full application can be purchased for $49.99. <http://www.westciv.com/layout_master/>
Maxine Sherrin <firstname.lastname@example.org>