New Online Accredited Web Design Course

[Designing CSS Web Pages]Christopher Schmitt, award-winning web designer and author of popular web design books, is now teaching a fully accredited online course on web design via The course includes 9 lessons that you can take at your own pace (up to 4 months) and not only covers graphic design, navigation design, and page layout, but also a basic proficiency in Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), JavaScript, and Dynamic HTML (DHTML). This is a fantastic opportunity to learn solid web design skills from one of the industry’s best designers.

08:58 am, pdt24 July, 2003 Comments, Trackbacks (9) ·

Categories: Books, CSS, Design, Graphics, Photoshop, Web Biz

1. I’m reading his CSS book now (the pictured one!), and its really great! It sounds like that would be a really good class. One of these days, I’m gonna get certified in something so I can have (more) letters after my name. :)

03:25 am, pdt26 July, 2003Comment by kristine

2. Hi, Kristine. Yes, Christopher Schmitt’s book is excellent—I have it, too. What also impresses me about is that their classes are fully accredited. I see that as a big plus—the convenience of taking a course online for a fully accredited course... and taking it from someone like Christopher Schmitt. I hope folks jump at this opportunity.

11:26 am, pdt26 July, 2003Comment by Shirley Kaiser

3. I’ve been looking for some online classes to take and I had never heard of before. After reading your post I went over and checked them out. I signed up for the Masters Certificate Program, but first I made sure that Christopher Schmitt’s course was one I would be taking. Thanks for the link.

10:50 am, pdt31 July, 2003Comment by Aaron

4. Through your link I discovered I have been looking for some online courses to take and sessions was just what I was looking for. I signed up to do the Masters Certification program. Thanks for the link. And yes, I made sure that Christopher Schmitt’s course was one that I would be taking.

11:06 am, pdt31 July, 2003Comment by Aaron

5. Aaron,
    Wow! I couldn’t be more thrilled to hear that my post about and Christopher’s new design course was helpful. I must pass the hat of credit to Christopher Schmitt himself, though, as he emailed me about his new class. I did spend some time checking it all out, though, of course. And it all really looks terrific.

I’d love to hear about your experience with the school and also with Christopher Schmitt’s class. I hope everything goes well for you, Aaron!

07:40 pm, pdt31 July, 2003Comment by Shirley Kaiser

6. Bellissimo il tuo sito molto utile...mi dai un parere sul mio sito???

Your site is wonderfull, my compliments. Can you see my personal site?

04:13 pm, pdt29 August, 2003Comment by Enrico De Stavola

7. I love the whole idea of CSS although I am still grappling with the rudiments of it. Such a powerful thing. At the click of a button your whole site can reflect a change instantly.

Some good points raised I thought. Chris succinctly covered the area of web standards and what I also didn’t realise was that it would improve search engine placement too!

03:54 pm, pst 6 November, 2003Comment by Sian

8. Hi there. I am interested in getting the masters certification through I’m 19 and work for my father’s company... My dad wants me to investigate before moving ahead with my plans.. I’ve got some previous experience in web & graphic design, but am unable to do many of the things I’d like to be able to do. (it’s frustrating.)

Have any of you had any problems with And, do you know if you eligible to get government grants to attend their school?... Finally, do any of you have any comments or advise concerning and possible future students (like myself)?...

Thanks for your time! I really appreciate it!

All The Best,
    ~ Candy ~

02:55 am, pst13 January, 2004Comment by Candy

9. While I agree with you that this is a good course, it is fairly expensive. The school I work for offers the same topics (and more) on a video course for $299. I thought I might offer it as a resource to your more budget minded readers. (

12:56 pm, pst 6 December, 2004Comment by David Lieberman

Deliver First Class Web Sites: 101 Essential Checklists  Via Deliver First Class Web Sites: 101 Essential Checklists, by Shirley Kaiser. SitePoint Books (July 2006).

Available now via: SitePoint Books,, (Canada), (UK), (France), (Germany), (Japan), Tower Books U.S. and elsewhere! You'll also help support this site and its owner if you purchase via any of these links.

Web Style Guide - Basic Design Principles for Creating Web Sites, 2nd Ed., by Patrick J. Lynch, Sarah Horton. Yale University Press, March 2002.

Cover: HTML for the World Wide Web with XHTML and CSS: Visual QuickStart Guide, Sixth Edition. By Elizabeth Castro. Pub. Peachpit Press August 2006.

In Association with
Page last modified 30 April, 2008 - 6:46pm PDT Page load time: 0.010969 seconds.