Friday Feast #53: CSS Tips, Page Redirect Tips
User-friendly Page Redirects
How do you style a horizontal rule in CSS? What about browser support? Why are dotted borders designated in the CSS showing up as dashed borders in IE6? Here are some tips to answer those questions.
- How do I style an
hr? by Craig Saila
- Styling <hr> by Marek Prokop
- Colored HRs, by Stefan M. Huber explains an Opera 6 bug that’s now resolved with Opera 7.
- Background image to replace text by Doug Bowman, stopdesign.
- Background-Image Rules! by Firda Beka, explains how she used Doug Bowman’s concept of a background image for text to instead use for a horizontal rule.
- CSS dotted borders in IE by Adam Kalsey shows a way to have a dotted border with an
<hr>even in IE6.
Abbreviations and Acronyms
As you may know, Internet Explorer does not yet support the
<abbr> element, so those users won’t get the IE-only added markup. Check out his article about it, Styling
<abbr> in IE.
Comments, Trackbacks: 1 so far. Add yours!
This discussion has been closed. Thanks to all who participated.