Power Outage Stories, Photos
Weblogs, digital cameras, and moblogging were posting the latest details about what was going on with the blackout. Below is a listing of some of them along with related information. I found myself far more interested in the firsthand accounts and photos than whatever the TV had to say about things.
Firsthand Photos, Stories
- 29 hours by Jeffrey Zeldman in Manhattan.
- Between Darkness and Light by Eric Meyer in Ohio.
- Blackout America by Textamerica has dozens of photos from experiences around the blackout.
- Got a light? by David Wertheimer in New York.
- Gothamist: The New York City Blackout Edition provides memorable images from the blackout.
- Never a dull moment - Gina, a web developer who lives in Brooklyn and works in Manhattan tells about the power going out in Manhattan, getting back to Brooklyn, observations, when the lights finally came back on.
- The Great Blackout of 2003 by Cameron Barrett. Fantastic photos and story about walking home from Manhattan after the power went out. Cam also provides many terrific links to more stories and photos.
- The Great North American Blackout 2003, Part I and Part II. Detailed story and photos from New York during and after the blackout. Terrific writing. By Grant Barrett, World New York.
- The Long Walk Home by Lorna Keuning about walking home to Brooklyn from 59th Street, New York.
What Happened Where and When
- Blackout Replay is an animated Flash graphic showing a progression of where the electricity went out. Tip: right click with your mouse to zoom in for a closer look. By Genscape.com.
- Blogmapping the Power Outage by Tim Aiello.
- Loading up for a Blackout is a must read. Fascinating information with charts, plots, and ideas about when the initial problems appeared early in the day. Well written, interesting. By Sparkey, Sgt. Stryker’s Daily Briefing.
Comments, Trackbacks: 1 so far. Add yours!
This discussion has been closed. Thanks to all who participated.