CSS, Site Makeovers, Bowman, Zeldman, More
I’ve got a major deadline today with my publisher, so this post is short, but the Wired news article and weblog posts I list below are so, so important to check out regarding Website design and development and the use of CSS. Jeffrey Zeldman’s post today, Only defenestrate, put me over the edge, stopping me in my tracks to write this post here with the links below. I’ll write more after I meet my deadline, as I’m so passionate about this issue. For now, though, here are some insightful and helpful articles and posts about how much it matters to use CSS, saving bandwidth, page load times, and lots of money:
- Changing the Face of Web Surfing, by Robert Andrews, Wired News, July 20, 2004. See especially page 2, Zeldman’s comments.
- The New Samaritans, by Jeffrey Zeldman, The Daily Report, July 23, 2004.
- Throwing Tables Out the Window, by Doug Bowman, stopdesign, July 27, 2004
- No more tables for presentation, by Tantek Çelik, July 27, 2004.
- Only defenestrate, by Jeffrey Zeldman, The Daily Report, July 28, 2004.
By the way, if you haven’t yet picked up a copy of Jeffrey Zeldman’s terrific book, Designing with Web Standards, it’s a must-have book.