Helping the Tsunami Victims
Anders Jacobsen has volunteered to pay $1 to the British Red Cross for anyone creating a weblog post on the front page or creating permanent links in the weblog’s blogroll, linking to the organizations listed below, and then linking to his blog and his post, Webloggers: Give to tsunami victims and I’ll give too! Here’s a list of some of the organizations accepting donations and other contributions:
International aid organizations:
- UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund)
- United Nations' World Food Programme
- Medecins Sans Frontieres / Doctors without Borders (donate!)
- CARE International
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Disasters Emergency Comittee (DEC) - comprises a raft of aid agencies, including the below and others
- British Red Cross
- Save the Children UK
If you wish to help tsunami victims, please be sure to donate to sources where you absolutely know your funds or other contributions will indeed help those victims. There are a lot of scams going around.
Comments, Trackbacks: 2 so far. Add yours!
This discussion has been closed. Thanks to all who participated.